Once again this year, the Mosman Music Club will be presenting a series of concerts from world class performers in the surrounds of the beautiful Blessed Sacrament Church at 62 Bradleys Head Road, Mosman except for the first concert – which is at the Sacred Heart church in Mosman, at 23 Cardinal Street, Mosman. Details of the dates and concerts are as follows (all are on a Sunday):
1. 8 March 2015 at 2pm and again at 5pm: Together Again – “The Golden Age of Broadway” a joint concert by the MOSMAN MUSICAL SOCIETY and the MOSMAN MUSIC CLUB. This concert is not part of our subscription series (so tickets must be bought separately from your subscription). Tickets are $25 for adults and $20 for concession rate. You can pay at the door, or book ahead by calling Alex on 9906 6919.
2. 19 April 2015, 2.30pm: A FANCY OF FLUTES, Janet Webb’s new ensemble (Janet Webb plays Principal Flute for the Sydney Symphony Orchestra). This concert will include the beautiful Flower Duet from Lakme.
#. ** POSTPONED** 31 May 2015, 2.30pm: ORAVA QUARTET, one of the finest string quartets to emerge from Sydney Conservatorium, will be performing a program which includes Beethoven SQ No 4 and Tchaikovsky SQ No 1. **POSTPONED**
3. 21 June 2015, 2.30pm: PLEKTRA, a mandolin ensemble with a south-eastern European influence, comprising Stephen Lalor (mandolin), Fiona Ziegler (mandolin/mandola), Martha Babineau (mandolin), Fiona Horbach (mandolin); Yuri Halay (mandola, oud), Darryl Rule (guitar), and Alex Burger (bass).
4. 12 July 2015, 2.30pm: CHANTERELLE STRING QUARTET with Australian / US operatic Soprano DONNA BALSON. All Sydney Symphony Orchestra strings – Fiona Ziegler violin; Léone Ziegler violin; Jane Hazelwood viola; Adrian Wallis cello. A beautiful program including Mozart String Quartet K159 in Bb Major; Respighi’s lovely Il tramonto (the sunset), set to words by Shelley; some Brahms songs, some Hebrew melodies, and Saint-Saens’ Violons dans le Soir
5. 2 August 2015, 2.30pm: SYDNEY YOUTH ORCHESTRA’S PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA, an orchestra of 70 young musicians under the guidance of the legendary Brian Buggy OAM. This year’s concert will include Tchaikovsky and Rimky-Korsakov.
6. 6 September 2015, 2.30pm: SYDNEY YOUTH ORCHESTRA’S SYMPHONIC WIND ORCHESTRA, a stunning stringless orchestra under the guidance of James Pensini. This will be an extraordinary number and variety of light orchestral works full of variety and colour.
7. 18 October 2015, 2.30pm: MICHAELE ARCHER, soprano, DIANE GARDINER, clarinet and KRYSZTOF MALEK, piano, performing a delightful program including Schubert’s beautiful “Shepherd on the Rock”, music of Chopin and more.
8. 8 November 2015, 2.30pm: CORO INNOMINATA, one of Sydney’s finest choirs, singing “Zadok the Priest”, music by Palestrina, Tonkins and Faure, as well as some of the numerous popular choral works which they are repeatedly requested to sing again.
9. 20 December 2015, 2.30pm: THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ORCHESTRA (or TOSOTO) is the Mosman Music Club’s 10 piece ensemble, which includes Fiona and Leone Ziegler, Rosamund Plummer and Sandro Constantino… come along to find out who else will be on stage! They will be performing popular classics and choruses from Messiah. This concert includes our own music / television / movie quiz.
COST OF OUR CONCERTS:
Pay at the door for all but the March concert, for which you can book in advance (see above).
All concerts include free afternoon tea and lucky door prizes.